Monday, May 23, 2011

One Night that Changes Everything by Lauren Barnholdt

Review from Amazon.com:

Four dares. Two secrets. One night. Eliza is in a full-blown panic. Her notebook has been stolen- the one that lists everything she wants but is afraid to go after. And the absolute worst person in the world has it: her ex-boyfriend Cooper.

Like it’s not bad enough that Cooper was lying to Eliza for their entire relationship now he and his friends are blackmailing her. They’re giving her just one night to complete the most humiliating tasks on her list or they’ll post her secrets online including the ones that aren’t just about her.

Eliza’s sure of only one thing: she isn’t going down without a fight. Cooper may have what’s left of her dignity, but she’s not the only one with something to hide…      

My Thoughts:

This book was a fun read for me and took place all within one night in Boston. It   was cool to learn about the city (I have never been there myself), while going on this adventure with Eliza to get back her notebook. Eliza travels with two friends to the city and the suburbs to do things from the list that she was always afraid to do. A few include: asking a stranger to dance and karaoke.

What I thought Eliza's notebook looked like
This is a fun story and something I would consider a light read. It’s not the most believable story (a girl being left alone with out supervision for a weekend), but that is also part of the fun. The sub characters are fun and have some of their own problems to work out throughout the story. Cooper I actually liked and believed his character and who he was at the beginning. Some of the scenes with Cooper and Eliza were entertaining and you get a good idea about what their relationship was like before the notebook fiasco. 
There were funny moments that made me laugh out loud and made me frustrated because I knew something but Eliza was still blind to see it (which is all part of her discovering certain things through out the story). If you are looking for a light read and want to a take a fun trip with Eliza in a matter of one night then this is the book for you.

Lauren Barnholdt writes some enjoyable books (I have also read Two Way Street which I will review in the future). Check out this author for some good summer reads. Let me know what you think. Are there any authors you like that write great summer reads?

Happy Reading!
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment