Friday, June 3, 2011

Two Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt

Review from the publisher:


This is Jordan and Courtney, totally in love. Sure, they were an unlikely high school couple. But they clicked; it worked. They're even going to the same college, and driving cross-country together for orientation.


Then Jordan dumps Courtney -- for a girl he met on the Internet.


It's too late to change plans, so the road trip is on. Courtney's heartbroken, but figures she can tough it out for a few days. La la la -- this is Courtney pretending not to care.
But in a strange twist, Jordan cares. A lot.


Turns out, he's got a secret or two that he's not telling Courtney. And it has everything to do with why they broke up, why they can't get back together, and how, in spite of it all, this couple is destined for each other.


My Thoughts:



I have read a couple books about road trips, and especially with it being summer more and more seem to come up on my “to read” list. Two Way Street grabbed my attention mainly because it is told in both main characters’ point on view. I love it when authors don’t just tell the story from one character’s perspective. With Jordan and Courtney I don’t know how this story could exist with out them both narrating. I also liked that we got to get to know Jordan and Courtney from when they first met and how that builds up to what is going on in the present. The secrets that Jordan was hiding, I didn’t expect some of them. Others become more obvious as the story goes on, but for the most part the story keeps you in suspense. The ending left you with hope and in a way doesn’t seem so much like an ending, but a beginning. I would be interested to see if maybe a sequel would be created, but right now I don’t think one is in the picture.


I recommend this book to those wanting to learn about an unlikely couple who have their own set of challenges and need to overcome them in a matter of a few days on a road trip where it is just them and the open road.


Happy Reading!
Meg 

No comments:

Post a Comment